For Summer 2018, join thousands of other swimmers by throwing on your swimsuit and swim cap and taking part in this great event. The Great North Swim is one of the largest open water events available in the UK.
This year the event will take place at Brockhole on Lake Windermere from Friday 8th June–Sunday 10th June. Surrounded by amazing scenery from the beautiful Lake District, swimmers from all levels and abilities can come and enjoy a weekend with friends and family.
Across the weekend there will be access to a range of activities, food and entertainment for all ages, hosted by the Great Run Company.
How to Get Involved
You can get involved in the Great North Swim and help raise funds to support STA by contacting us at email@example.com.
There is a registration fee of £40 for a 1 mile charity place, and we’re hoping that each swimmer can raise at least £100! Your fee covers:
- Your entry into the Great North Swim
- Advice and support from STA for your fundraising efforts
- Promotion of your participation by STA
- Training guidance for your swim
- An STA branded swim cap for fundraisers
- Bonus! A free STA hoodie if you reach the £100 target!
About the Great North Swim
The Great North Swim is organised by The Great Run Company, it’s a great event with lots on offer for participants and spectators!
Full information about what to expect on the day can be found at Great North Swim’s official event page.
Swimming can be a daunting task for any individual. However, with the right preparation you can take to it like a duck to water!
Location and Travel
Brockhole, The Lake District Visitor Centre, Windermere LA23 1LJ
- Getting there by car
- From the M6, exit at junction 36 and follow the A590 and A591 to Windermire and Ambleside. There is limited parking available at Brockhole and charges will apply.
- Getting there by boat
- For a direct route by boat, we would recommend looking at ferry options. The ferry system also has its own car park. Click here for more information on using the ferry.