In support of CIMSPA’s aim to develop a UK wide, vibrant and professional workforce through the provision of quality qualifications, STA can confirm its full suite of first aid qualifications have been assessed and endorsed.
STA’s first aid qualifications endorsed by CIMSPA include:
- STA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
- STA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- STA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- STA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- STA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- STA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis
CIMSPA members who undertake STA’s first aid qualifications will also achieve CPD points.
Adrian McDowell MCIMSPA, STA’s Technical Manager for Health & Safety and First Aid, said:
As a UK awarding organisation working in the leisure industry, endorsement from the sector’s single chartered professional body provides further credible affirmation that our first aid qualifications are of the highest quality, and importantly, meet the needs of employers.
Furthermore, first aid trainers/assessors from other awarding organisations can also take advantage of the business and marketing benefits afforded to tutors that deliver CIMSPA endorsed qualifications, by applying to become an STA Tutor.
To gain STA tutor status, first aid trainers/assessors who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification must verify they hold the correct level of qualifications, provide evidence of tutoring status and apply for STA membership. This offer is also available to medical professionals, including doctors, nurses and paramedics registered with the Medical Council.