The Antenatal Swimming programme aims to give swimming teachers knowledge and understanding to incorporate pregnant women into their swimming classes or specific antenatal swimming sessions. The programme is aimed at learners who hold the STA Award in Swimming Teaching, Baby and Pre-School, Aquacise or equivalent.
- Available Regulators
- CPD Value
- Validity of Award
- This programme does not expire.
- Length of Course
- Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Course Information
This programme covers:
- Benefits of antenatal swimming
- Health and safety
- Contraindications to swimming in pregnancy
- Physiological changes during pregnancy
- Pregnancy trimesters
- Antenatal swimming, including entries, exits and strokes
- Assessment Criteria
- Complete a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the programme