The Teaching Adults programme aims to give swimming teachers the knowledge and understanding to teach adult learners to swim.
- Available Regulators
- CPD Value
- Validity of Award
This programme does not expire.
- Length of Course
Approximately 2 hours.
- Course Information
This programme covers:
- Understanding the adult swimmer
- Understanding some of the causes of fear and how to overcome them
- Understanding the barriers to swimming
- Understanding the teaching approaches and strategies to adult swimming
- Being able to teach the appropriate confidence practices
- Being able to teach the appropriate strokes
- Being able to deliver safe, appropriate and motivating lessons for adults
- Knowing how to adjust and modify swimming styles for individual adults
- Assessment Criteria
- Complete a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the programme