Fire safety tutor status grants those with the appropriate pre-requisites the ability to teach and assess the appropriate level of competence in STA’s Fire Marshall qualification.
Upon successful application, a fire safety tutor may deliver the following course:
- STA’s Fire Marshall qualification.
Gaining Full Tutor Status
Upon successful application, and after completing any additional requirements, tutors are granted probationary status and in order to gain full tutor status and maintain it must:
- Within the first 24 months, be moderated delivering a Fire Marshall course
- Be moderated delivering a course every 3 years.
Validity of Tutor Status
To maintain the validity of status as an STA tutor, tutors must:
- Deliver at least 1 course within a 3 year period
- Attend updates and a refresher course, as and when required by STA
- Be moderated tutoring one during each 3 year period (fee applicable).
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold an acceptable pre-requisite qualification
- Hold the STA Level 3 Award in Education and Training or acceptable equivalent
- Submit a CV detailing relevant safety training delivery experience
- Complete the Course Administration Unit
- Pay an administration fee of £15, which includes a tutor manual and Fire Marshall manual