Membership of the Swimming Teachers’ Association is available to all who are interested in the preservation of human life by teaching swimming, lifesaving and survival techniques.
Applicants for membership of the STA do not have to be qualified with STA, as we recognise qualifications from many other organisations in the UK and overseas.
Why Become a Member?
Members enjoy these benefits:
- Monthly STA e-newsletter
- Public liability insurance up to £10 million in respect of any single claim for negligence while the member is engaged in an activity of the Association
- Discounts on STA’s International Learn to Swim Programme
- Discount on SwimSoft Online, the complete online swimming course management solution
- Access to a broad range of exclusive swimming teaching resources for members, via STA Online
- Prestige and support of a truly professional Association with expertise and international recognition.
Membership is mandatory for candidates enrolling on STA aquatic and swimming teaching courses and is mandatory for all STA tutors.
Applying for Membership
Membership is currently £42.00 per annum when paid by Direct Debit, or £47.00 when paid by credit/debit card.Apply for Membership
Membership is not limited to the UK; STA, through the International Federation of Swimming Teachers’ Associations (IFTSA), has members throughout the world who benefit from our expertise and use STA courses and awards.