Join a National Governing Body that Recognises Your Qualifications Within Leisure
Whether you’re just starting out or have worked in the industry for years, you can gain recognition as a current and actively engaged professional with STA, a governing body within swimming and lifesaving.
90 Years Experience
Who can apply?
- We value all qualifications within leisure, so whether you’ve trained with STA or another awarding organisation, we welcome you to join a professional network of over 14,000 international members.
- Membership can be provided to all professionals within swimming teaching, first aid, lifeguarding and pool plant.
- Please note: Membership is mandatory for all STA Tutors and learners enrolling on STA aquatic and swimming teaching courses.
Benefits of being an STA member:
- Receive Public Liability Insurance (up to £10 million).
- Receive Professional Indemnity Insurance (up to £1 million provided by Allianz).
- Access exclusive resources.
- International recognition with a professional association.
Access Exclusive Discounts:
Insurance for Swimming Teachers:
Individual insurance (included in your STA membership)
- Members in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Falkland Islands and British Forces overseas bases have the added benefit of receiving FREE Public Liability Insurance with a £10 million limit of indemnity in respect of any single claim.
*Members in all other countries will not be covered with individual insurance and will need to apply for International Membership by contacting us here.
Swim School Business Insurance (Additional Package)
- STA members can benefit from a comprehensive, competitive and bespoke range of insurance packages for their clubs and swim schools in the UK to protect their business, arranged by Swimsure.
Personal Accident Cover
Cost of STA Membership – UK
£44 per year (Annual Rolling Direct Debit)
£49 per year (Credit / Debit For One Year Only)Looking for overseas membership? Contact us. Membership is not limited to the UK; STA, through The International Federation of Swimming Teachers’ Associations (IFTSA), has members throughout the world who benefit from our expertise and use STA courses and awards.