First aid tutor status grants those with the appropriate pre-requisites the ability to teach and examine STA’s first aid qualifications.
This tutor status course includes the STA Level 3 Award in Education and Training qualification.
This course covers:
- Performing resuscitation on approved manikins following current guidelines
- Demonstrating the ability to deliver a theory topic, and teach resuscitation
- Demonstrate the ability to teach automated external defibrillation
- Demonstrate the ability to teach anaphylaxis.
Length of Course
30 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Complete the portfolio to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Perform resuscitation on an approved manikin following the current guidelines
- Be externally assessed demonstrating the ability to teach resuscitation and deliver a theory topic.
Upon successful completion of this course, a first aid tutor may deliver the following courses:
Gaining Full Tutor Status
Upon completion of this course, and after completing any additional requirements, tutors are granted probationary status and in order to gain full tutor status and maintain it must:
- Within the first 24 months, be moderated delivering your first course, which must be either a First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work
- Be moderated delivering either a First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work course every year.
Validity of Tutor Status
To maintain the validity of status as an STA tutor, tutors must:
- Attend updates and a refresher course, as and when required by STA
- Be moderated tutoring either a First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work once during each 1 year period (fee applicable).
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course: