Grants lifesaving tutors from another Awarding Organisation the ability to deliver and assess Safety Training Award’s lifesaving qualifications, as well as first aid qualifications (if a valid first aid at work certificate is held).
This course covers:
- The roles, responsibilities and expectations of an STA tutor
- The roles, responsibilities and expectations of an STA assessor
- STA lifesaving and first aid qualifications requirements
- STA standards for delivery, assessing and paperwork
- STA awarding organisation requirements and expectations
- Demonstrating the ability to deliver technical theory topics
- Demonstrating the ability to perform practical skills
- How to organise and deliver an STA course.
Length of Course
6 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.
- Demonstrate resuscitation on an approved manikin following the current guidelines
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver and assess technical theory topics at the correct level using a variety of methods to engage and motivate learners
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver and assess a resuscitation session
- Demonstrate a high standard of presentation skills.
Gaining Full Tutor Status
Upon completion of this course, and after completing any additional requirements, tutors are granted probationary status and in order to gain full tutor status must:
- Be linked with an approved training centre
- Have a successful assessor IQA observation on your first assessment.
Upon successful completion of the probationary status, a lifesaving tutor may deliver the following qualifications:
- Pool Lifeguarding
- Pool Emergency Responder
- Safety Award for Teachers
- First Aid at Work
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Paediatric First Aid Award
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid Award
- CPR and AED
Validity of Tutor Status
To maintain the validity of status as an STA tutor, tutors must:
- Attend updates and refresher courses, as and when required by STA
- Hold current membership of STA.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold lifesaving tutor / assessor status with an accepted Awarding Organisation
- Have evidence of tutoring / assessing lifesaving courses
- Hold an in-date lifesaving qualification and first aid at work qualification.