Pool plant tutor status grants those with the appropriate pre-requisites the ability to teach and assess the appropriate level of competence in Safety Training Award’s pool plant qualifications.
This course covers:
- The roles, responsibilities and expectations of an STA tutor
- The roles, responsibilities and expectations of an STA assessor
- STA pool plant qualifications requirements
- STA standards for delivery, assessing and paperwork
- STA awarding organisation requirements and expectations
- Demonstrating the ability to deliver technical theory topics
- How to organise and deliver an STA pool plant course.
Length of Course
24 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver and assess technical theory topics at the correct level using a variety of methods to engage and motivate learners
- Demonstrate a high standard of presentation skills.
Gaining Full Tutor Status
Upon completion of this course, and after completing any additional requirements, tutors are granted probationary status and in order to gain full tutor status must:
- Be linked with an approved training centre
- Be successfully moderated face-to-face for a minimum of 4 hours delivering and assessing your first course.
Upon successful completion of the probationary status, a pool plant tutor may deliver the following qualifications:
Validity of Tutor Status
To maintain the validity of status as an STA tutor, tutors must:
- Attend updates and refresher courses, as and when required by STA
- Hold current membership of STA.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course: