Pool plant tutor status grants those with the appropriate pre-requisites the ability to teach and assess the appropriate level of competence in STA’s pool plant qualifications.
This course covers:
- The ability for STA tutors to deliver the STA pool plant qualifications
- Familiarising tutors with the STA pool plant qualification course manuals, programmes, and course administration procedures.
Length of Course
12 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver a theory topic
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a practical water test
- Display adequate presentation skills
- Display adequate knowledge of the subject.
Upon successful completion of this course, a pool plant tutor may deliver the following courses:
Gaining Full Tutor Status
Upon completion of this course, and after completing any additional requirements, tutors are granted probationary status and in order to gain full tutor status and maintain it must:
- Within the first 24 months, be moderated delivering your first course
- Be moderated delivering a course every 3 years
- Deliver at least 1 course within a 3 year period.
Validity of Tutor Status
To maintain the validity of status as an STA tutor, tutors must:
- Deliver at least 1 course within a 3 year period
- Attend updates and a refresher course, as and when required by STA
- Be moderated tutoring one during each 3 year period (fee applicable).
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold the Pool Plant Operations qualification or acceptable equivalent
- Complete a pool plant experience questionnaire and submit for approval (available from your course organiser)
- Complete the pool plant Technical Competency Test
- Complete the Course Administration Unit