After a successful year in 2018, STA’s International Learn to Swim Week is back with the aim to promote water safety and learning to swim, no matter age, location, or ability.
STA’s Water Safety Squad—Ambassador Search
We’re looking for four amazingly diverse young people to be a part of our first STA Water Safety Squad and who would love the opportunity to be proud ambassadors of our International Learn to Swim Week. Special thanks to Alton Towers for sharing the #LoveWaterSafely passion and becoming headline partners for the initiative. Take a look and find out how to nominate your young learners for this fantastic opportunity.
Parents and carers, would you like your child to be the face and voice of a global water safety campaign and help us make a difference?
If so, we’re looking for children aged 5–12 years who:
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and passion for swimming/water safety
- Are fun and confident in front of a camera and who’d love to be included in our campaign marketing materials, including being featured in a promo video
- Will support our aims and help us spread the campaign message to their family and friends
- Would like to make a difference, and create a legacy in their own community
- Would be able and willing to travel to the Midlands for a photo and video shoot in October—exact time and location to be confirmed
- Can commit to being a member of the STA Water Safety Squad for 12 months
To apply, all we need is:
- A high quality, clear photo of your nominated child
- The child’s age
- A reason why you are nominating your child—do they have a story to tell?
- 50–75 words or a short video, telling us why you think they would be a great member of the STA Water Safety Squad!
If this sounds of interest, please apply in writing to email@example.com by 31st August 2018.
- All 4 STA Water Safety Squad members will be treated to a short family break in the UK
- STAnley the Seal, our friendly water safety mascot will visit all our squad member’s schools (subject to school/head teacher approval) and host a special water safety assembly
- Each child will receive an official STA Water Safety Squad certificate and a goody bag
- £500 donation to create a safer open water swimming environment in local areas.
Please note: If your child makes it onto the shortlist, there may be a requirement for a web video interview to be conducted in September.