Calling all Swimming and Lifesaving Tutors!
STA will be running a selection of Junior Lifeguard Tutor Orientations across the UK. This orientation aims to up-skill you to deliver the Junior Lifeguard CPD to relevant swimming teachers and pool lifeguards.
Upon completion of the orientation you will be able to deliver both the Junior Lifeguard Instructor CPD and the Junior Lifeguard Assistant Instructor CPD to the end user:
Junior Lifeguard Instructor CPD
This is to up-skill individuals with the skills required to train and assess the Junior Lifeguard Programme and Special Missions*.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold either the Swimming Teaching – Award qualification (and in-date lifesaving qualification) or School Teachers Foundation Certificate.
Junior Lifeguard Assistant Instructor CPD
This CPD is to up-skill individuals with the skills required to train and assess the Junior Lifeguard programme and the Special Missions*. Note: Junior Lifeguard Assistant Instructors must teach under the guidance of a fully qualified Junior Lifeguard Instructor.
- Be 13 years of age or older
- Hold either the:
- STA Student Teachers Award
- ASA Level 1 Award in teaching Aquatics
- Lifesaving – Pool Lifeguard (or acceptable equivalent)
- SLSA Beach Lifeguard (or acceptable equivalent)
* Some Special Missions require an additional CPD.
The dates and venues for the Junior Lifeguard Tutor Orientation courses are:
|12th July 2014
Llangatwg Comprehensive School
|17th July 2014
Seamill Hydro Hotel
|18th July 2014
Education Development Centre
|25th July 2014
Cardigan Swimming Pool
|8th August 2014
|24th August 2014
Littlehampton Swimming Centre