The Swimming Teachers’ Association is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all, ensuring that the services we offer are inclusive and accessible to all.
All who represent The Swimming Teachers’ Association are responsible for implementation of this policy. We believe that all members have the right to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. We will not tolerate unfair treatment or unlawful discrimination, whether intentional or unintentional, direct, or indirect.
The Swimming Teachers’ Association is committed to The Equality Act 2010 by taking positive action to:
- Comply with current legislative requirements and monitor this is adhered to
- Develop services which take into consideration the needs of all members and do not unnecessarily discriminate against any individual or group
- Promote fair access to services, minimising any barriers to access
- Ensure content and language of all written content is non-discriminatory and free from any bias or stereotypical wording
- Monitor entry requirements to identify barriers to access, and remove or minimise unnecessary barriers or bias which could impact on individuals or groups.
The Swimming Teachers’ Association shall implement this policy through:
- Ensuring staff and members have access to this information to assist them in planning, putting in to practice and monitoring their rights and responsibilities under this policy
- Providing support and relevant training/updates for all staff and members and revising any policy or practice that could disadvantage individuals or groups
- Provision of regular CPD/updates for staff and members
- Ensure all staff and members know how to offer feedback and register complaints
- Effective complaints procedures will be used to resolve complaints of discrimination with a full and prompt consideration under this policy, breaches of this policy will be dealt with through The Swimming Teachers’ Association’s complaints procedures.
Monitoring and Review
This policy and its procedures will be reviewed regularly for improvements as part of our quality assurance requirements. This will ensure it is fit for purpose, reflects the services we deliver to our customers and we provide services which are relevant to the requirements of individual needs. Regular reviews will ensure that we are adhering to our quality policy statement.
Last Updated: 19th July 2018