For Awards, STA Swim-Shop Purchases and Online Course Manuals
The STA will exchange/credit account, for Badges, Certificates, Online Course Manuals and STA Swim-Shop items on the following basis:
- They are returned within 3 months of purchase
- They are current awards (Badges & Certificates only), both syllabus and Presidential signature
- They are new, unused and in perfect condition
- The customer returns a copy of the Invoice/Despatch note relating to returned items
- The customer agrees to pay an administration fee of 25% of the current value of the items being exchanged
- The customer pays the postage for the return of the items.
Alternatively if the customer wishes to have credit put to their account this will also be subject to an admin fee of 25%.
STA Online Programmes and CPDs
STA will refund online programmes and CPDs purchased through STA Online on the following basis:
- If the online programme / CPD has NOT been started, STA will refund the full amount.
- If the online programme / CPD HAS been started and the final assessment HAS NOT been attempted, STA will refund the full amount less a £5.00 allocation charge.
Online programmes and CPDs must be purchased within a 14 day period in order to request a successful refund. STA is unable to issue any refund if the online programme / CPD HAS been started and the final assessment HAS been attempted.
For Paper-Based Course Manuals
Excess manuals must be returned to the STA at the expense of the Course Organiser. Manuals will only be accepted for full credit on the following conditions:
- The manuals are returned to the STA within 2 months of the original course start date.
- The manuals are unused and in perfect condition.
- The manuals were purchased in respect of the course for which they are being returned (i.e. they have not been transferred from an earlier course).
- The Return of STA Manuals Form is completed in full and signed by the course organiser, available from our website.
If the STA is unable to issue a credit, we will inform the course organiser.
Last Updated: 17th December 2015