The Register of Aquatic Professionals (RAPs) is an exciting new development for the aquatic industry. The independent, public Register for individuals working in the aquatic industry, will seek to drive professionalisation of employees working in the sector. SkillsActive has developed the Register, in conjunction with us and several key organisations in the industry. The Register will be independently owned and operated by SkillsActive.
Further support has been provided by the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) and Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS). Crucially the lead awarding bodies, STA, ASA and RLSS are working together as equal partners to develop a single qualification structure for each aquatic role, thus providing consistency across the sector and clarity to employers.
Why is RAPs important?
- RAPs will provide the aquatic industry with a Single Qualification Framework for wet side roles for the first time, meaning employers can be assured that individuals are all working to the same level of competence
- RAPs provides a system of regulation to ensure that individuals working in the aquatic industry meet agreed National Occupational Standards (NOS), which describe the knowledge, competence and skills of good practice
- RAPs recognises the expertise and qualifications of individuals working in the industry
- RAPs offers assurance to consumers and employers that all RAPs members are appropriately qualified and have the competence to perform their specific roles.
What are the benefits to becoming a RAPs member?
- Competitive advantage over those without the appropriate qualifications in a challenging employment environment
- Recognition in the industry as someone who is committed to ongoing professional development
- Reassurance to your clients, parents and the public that you are qualified to perform your role
- Discounts on leading high street and sporting brands, equipment, nutrition, health care and more
- Lively debate, discussion and interaction with fellow professionals across our social media pages
- Regular blogs, ezines and journals covering the latest industry news with content supplied by leading professionals from the industry.
Align yourself with RAPs
We support our members as much as we can, ensuring you can promote yourself to the wider community. Whether it’s an electronic banner, or a RAPs badge, we’ll be able to offer you the support you’ll need.
You even receive a RAPs membership card upon registration!
If you would like help shape your industry and gain the all-important career advantage, please feel free to visit the RAPs website and become a member at: www.aquaticregister.org.